Can I get help with benefits to pay the Help to Buy fees if, for example, I lose my job?

Because Help to Buy fees are not classified as rent, they do not qualify for Housing Benefit. You should make sure you decide to ensure you can continue to make your Help to Buy and mortgage payments if your income stops. There are insurance policies which can help with this such as Income Protection, Accident, Sickness and Unemployment. Our specialist mortgage and insurance advisers at Mortgage Saving Experts can help you with this.