Can I use cash from my council, Housing Association or other public-sector body to buy with the addition of help through Help to Buy?

Yes, provided that your local council is satisfied that this represents value-for-money and the other funding is compatible with Help to Buy. Any funding provided that must be secured against your home would not be compatible with the Help to Buy scheme.